HANDOVER CEREMONY OF THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF THE GROUP OF 77
Wednesday, 10 January 2007
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Trusteeship Council Chamber
- Opening of the ceremony.
- Address by H.E. Dr. Nkosazana C. Dlamini Zuma, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of South Africa, Chairperson of the Group of 77 for 2006.
- Remarks by H.E. Ambassador Dumisani S. Kumalo, Permanent Representative of the Republic of South Africa to the United Nations.
- Ceremonial handover of the Chairmanship of the Group of 77.
- Address by H.E. Mr. Makhdum Khusro Bakhtyar, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of Pakistan, Chairman of the Group of 77 for 2007.
- Statement by H.E. Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Message from H.E. Sheikha Haya Rashed Al-Khalifa, President of the General Assembly.
- Statement by H.E. Mr. Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General of UNCTAD.
- Other statements.
- Remarks by H.E. Ambassador Munir Akram, Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations.
- Closure of the ceremony.