INTERVENTION ON BEHALF OF THE GROUP OF 77 AND CHINA BY THE PERMANENT MISSION OF EGYPT TO THE UNITED NATIONS, DURING THE ORGANIZATIONAL SESSION OF THE AD HOC OPEN-ENDED WORKING GROUP ON "TOWARDS A GLOBAL PACT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT", ESTABLISHED BY GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION 72/277 - ITEM 4: AGENDA FOR THE SUBSTANTIVE SESSIONS (New York, 6 September 2018)
1- The Group of the 77 and China proposes to some edits to the provisional agenda as follow:
- Bringing item (7) on "financing of the activities of the ad hoc open-ended working group" at the beginning of the agenda. It's of significant importance to tackle issues related to the participation of developing countries at the commencement of the work of the ad hoc open-ended working group meeting, in order to resolve early on any outstanding issues pertaining to the participation of their delegations.
- In line with the earlier comment made by the Group during the General discussion, we suggest to include an item on the provisional agenda on "the dates and duration of the following substantive session". As you recall the Group has supported holding of March session and back to back
- We also request to allocate at the beginning of the substantive sessions, one day dedicated for Group's coordination.so the prosed 4 day for the substantive session include this day for Group meetings.
- Propose to include and agenda item "adoption of the Agenda of the substantive session".
- We propose to include agenda item on each substantive session on "consideration of the agenda of the following substantive sessions".
- Dedicate the first substantive session to thoroughly consider the SG's report. Therefore, we request the deletion of item (5) and (6) from the provisional Agenda of the first substantive session.